An internship program plays an important role in a young student’s life. Most students during their undergraduate course of study opt for intern jobs nowadays. Intern jobs help in various ways for a student to add value to his or her career path.
Types of Intern jobs in India
There are hundreds of possibilities available. The most demanded industries offering intern jobs to candidates who have not yet completed their graduation include advertising internships, finance internships, marketing internships, technology internships, legal internships, PR internships, publishing internships, etc. There are various types of intern jobs in India. These include:
- Customer Service
- Content Writing
- Web Designing
- Data Entry
- Web Developing
- Copy Editing
- Engineering works
- Public Relations etc.
Types of Internships
- Online/Virtual/Work from home internship
- Industry Specific internship
- Summer internships
- Paid Internships
- Unpaid Internships
- On-site fieldwork internship
Why should you do Intern Jobs in India while studying?
When you start as a Fresher or when you are still studying, intern jobs work wonders to your career path. The reasons are many:
- You gain experience: Most organizations in today’s time looking for experienced people. Even at entry level jobs, candidates with additional skills or practical experience are in an advantageous position. Whatever you study, you can use and apply to gain experience by doing intern jobs, especially if your job is industry specific. You also gain experience to work in an office environment and understand work culture.
- Intern jobs add value to your resume: Additional experience along with your qualification always look attractive to the employer. Intern jobs help students with gaining expertise when they need to start working. This adds value to the resume of the candidates.
- Hands-on experience: For industry-specific intern jobs, students definitely are in a better position because they gain hands-on experience on what they are studying.
- Develop skills: Additional skills and additional knowledge on technology or related are always important. Intern jobs help students to advance their skills, in addition to what they are studying.
- Enhance your confidence: With intern jobs, you get the exposure you need to start your career just after completion of your studies. Students get to boost their confidence level. When they work in an office, they get a chance to work and interact with others, which help to build their confidence and decision-making skills.
- Build networks: When you work in an organization in intern jobs, you get the opportunity to meet and interact with other employees. You get to meet more professionals in your subject domain. This helps you to make new connections and expand your horizons. This helps you in getting good jobs as well in the future.
- Better job prospects: Last but not least, the most important reason for doing intern jobs while studying is to gain better job prospects. You are in a position now to understand the job market, what is popular, what works for you, how the industry works, and so on. This gives you a better chance to choose your job wisely and at the same time, better chances of jobs.
To sum up–
Considering the fact that the job market is highly competitive, having a degree or a qualification is not enough. You need to stand out from the others. The best way is to present yourself in a way by displaying your additional skills, your hands-on experience, your network and confidence that you have gathered while doing intern jobs while studying.