Starting a business can be easy but making it survive the fierce competition out there is not, especially when there are so many e-commerce sites out there. You will need to build and maintain a strong relationship with your customers to ensure that they make a purchase from you and come back for more.
In addition to that, you will also have to find out better and more productive ways to promote your business and market your products so that you can establish that your brand and product is the best in the market. You must make your customers exiting as well as the potential prospects believe that they will be benefited by a great extent when they buy your products or services.
However, this does not mean you will be aggressive in your marketing efforts to the extent of being pushy to make a sale. Rather, you should take help of one or a couple of the influencers who will promote your brand and product on your behalf creating more brand awareness amongst your customers.
Sponsoring an event
There are a few specific ways that you should follow to create a better impact on the minds of your customers and make a better online presence. Typically, sponsoring any local event will help you a great deal to get your startup business in the radar of your prospects. In this process, all you have to do is:
- Pay the organizers of the events a small fee to become one of their sponsors
- Create eye captivating signs and banners and put it up at prominent parts of the venue
- Print some stationary and fliers and other marketing materials to hand it to the visitors at the event and
- If you wish and pay for it, you can even put up your own stall or booth with your products to display.
Remember, this is a mutually beneficial arrangement and is considered to be one of the most effective ways to drive more sales, provided you do everything correctly.
Ideally, all business owners, startup or established must sponsor such local events. You just have to make sure that the event is relevant to your brand, product that you offer or your operation. For example:
- If your startup business deals with health and wellness mobile app perhaps it is best to choose to sponsor marathons, 5K and 10K runs.
- On the other hand, if your startup business deals with selling anti-malware software then maybe sponsoring any cybersecurity and other information technology events will be better yielding for you.
When you sponsor and even you will be able to build a very strong relationship with your customers as well as get more new customers to add to your database. You will be better off if you can manage to get their contact number and email address in the process. This will help you in a great way to nurture your new found relationships.
However, the bottom line is to not let the market share of your startup business fall down or slip to your competitors.
Strategies for promotion to follow
Well, at this point you may wonder from where you will get the required fund for such business promotion given the fact that you are a startup and already struggling. For your information, there are lots of banks and financial institutions and even probate money lending sources offline as well as online such as libertylending that provide funds to business to run on. Keep aside some of the funds for sponsoring a local event as a part of your business marketing budget allocation.
When you have the fund, formulate the best strategies to promote your business and generate more sales. This way it will be easy for you to achieve the desired results and business goals sooner rather than later. Ideally, this is a two-step process.
- First, make sure that you deliver only and only top quality products or services to your clients. Apart from that, when the customers are in the buying process make sure that you communicate with them openly and more often throughout their course of the transaction.
- Secondly, always remember to ask for feedback from your customers, even if you got some negative ones earlier.
Remember, positive feedbacks will keep you motivated and encourage you to work better and negative feedbacks will help you to know the flaws and make necessary amendments in your process and policy to make your system better and provider richer buying experience to your customers.
It is important for every business to be transparent in their business process and policy as that are the most important factors and qualities that will help any business to carry on effectively, especially the startups. Therefore, learn from the personalities and behavior of your clients to know:
- What satisfies them the most
- How satisfied they are and
- What you can do more to make your relationship stronger with them.
This will secure the future of your business and help you to drive more new customers and sales for your business.
Cultivating relationships with influencers
For any business especially for a startup, the influencers play as big a role as the customers. They are the most important source that will help your target audience to buy your product. Since they are influential, they are the ones that people listen to on a daily basis. That means when these influencers say something good about your brand and product the audience will believe them and make a buying decision quickly.
Such influencers can be anyone from a celebrity to a host of YouTube channels or a radio or a TV personality to even a well knows Instagrammer who have a large follower base. All you have to do is call them up or send emails and make a free offer for your products or services.
If they find it good, a single mention from them will propel your business startup to an incredible high from literally nothing providing your business a strong and legitimate force.