Teaching jobs have been a great profession to opt for in India. The potential candidates are in great demand as the country has less academicians, than being needed. Working as a teacher is a progressive career option, this will give you a chance to make yourself better in terms of knowledge and skills. So, if you have the skills to teach well and have great knowledge on some subject then this is the right career option for you. So, to help you take the right decision here is the go-to guide that will take you through the common career paths on how you may start your professional journey to become a teacher. With this guidance imparted, you’ll soon be on the right track to attain your goal and will start with a job of your own!
What are the levels of Education in Schools?
So, these levels are as follows:
- Early Childhood Education: 0-8 years
- Pre-School/ Kindergarten:3-5 years
- Elementary School: 6-14 years
- High- School: 15-18 Years
- Special School: All Ages
What are the educational requirements to start with teaching jobs for schools in India?
There are various level of teaching and hence, the qualification of a teacher should be as per her goal. These levels of teaching are decided by the age group of the children. Most teachers are required to do B.Ed. (Bachelors in Education), M.ED. (Master’s in Education). For early childhood education and pre-school education the teachers are expected to have a degree in NTT (Nursey Teacher Training). So, once a potential teaching candidate takes these degrees, he or she is eligible to take the teaching jobs in any school as per the available vacancies.
What are the Levels of teachers in teaching Jobs for schools in India?
There are three levels of teachers in teaching jobs, these are as follows:
- Trained Graduated Teachers
- Post- Graduate Teachers
- Junior Basic Training
What is the Job role in school teaching jobs?
- People in teaching jobs, deliver teaching to students in different areas as per their specialisation areas of study in a public or private school as per the jobs.
- They are given the additional responsibility to supervise extracurricular activities, invigilate testing examinations for school and state, support in school or college preparation of fest and look after the assistance work such as writing letters of recommendation for students, organize picnic trips, and manage study hall and/or detention, among other duties.
- Teachers make lessons for training programs as per the curriculum to deliver best knowledge to students. They also ensure to give classroom teaching in a way that students can easily understand.
- As a teacher one must assess the students’ learning using various methods such as, homework, tests, group assignments and weekly presentations.
- Teachers must use the grading system for students to make sure they work in time. They must also provide proper feedback, so that students can understand and utilize that feedback in the class and later to draw benefit in their education.
- Teachers usually work indoors using multiple teaching methods in classes of various age groups and work as per the schedule, over the course of the workday.
- They frequently conduct extra events – for example lesson planning and grading – after the school hours.
- Additional activities may require teachers to work extra that determined school hours – and may require them to work at homes as well.
- They also meet with parents to discuss students’ performance and behaviour in class which ultimately is beneficial for students.
- They have to maintain student records so; they may understand the progress of the student.
- Make and apply behavioural and procedural rules.
What salary one may expect in teaching jobs in India?
- As an entry-level Teacher with less than 1 year of work experience one can expect to earn an average total salary of ₹3,45,351.
- In early career level as Teacher with 1-4 years of work experience one can make an average total compensation of ₹5,54,963.
- Reaching mid-career level as Teacher with 5-9 years of work experience one may earn an average total salary of ₹7,06,558.
- As an experienced Teacher with 10-19 years of work experience one may draw an average total pay of ₹11,10,265.
- Reaching their late career with 20 years and higher work experience the employees can earn an average total pay of ₹17,94,306.
So, if you are willing to find teaching jobs in India, then read this article and take a rational decision to step in this career to create a great future for yourself.
Nikhil Mishra is a marketing communications professional with Monster.com. Monster is a global online employment solution for people seeking jobs and the employers who need great people. Nikhil has a diverse career and has been a former journalist, copywriter, and avid communication professional. His passion for the field of marketing and communications is a motivating force for his present career choice.