In the year 1970, Dennis Ritchie, a talented prodigy came up with the idea of a mid-level programming language known as C. At that time he was employed with at AT&T Bell Labs, USA. But little did he know that this language will gain widespread popularity for system programming in such a short span. However, he designed this language taking the UNIX operating system into account to scale its usability across computers systems. Nowadays, there are ample opportunities for language experts who have gained prowess in Ruby, Java, Python, and C++, etc. In India, there are tremendous C/C++ jobs opportunities for young graduated professionals.
This language includes essential features and high-level functionality which were essentially the need of the hour. Moreover, there were lots of UNIX components that were rewritten later on in this language. Ever since it came into the mainstream programming scene, it gained widespread adoption while replacing many prominent languages of that time such as PL/I, ALGOL and more. As the language started gaining grounds, it was followed by mass customization of language wherein organizations started customizing their own version of the C language. Soon system developers started facing the problem due to the lack of standardized language, and this led to American National Standards Institute paving the way for the need of establishing a committee that oversees this issue at large. In 1988, ANSI C was set as the standard for the language.
Here is a little bit about the benefits of C-level languages:
- As a mid-level language, C offers the best of both worlds i.e. high and low-level languages. You can not only use C’s scripting powers for drivers but also use it for software applications. This structured language has made it easier for the breakdown of a complex program into simple functions and data can freely move across these functions.
- It is a case-sensitive language and a highly portable one when it comes to scripting system applications. The major areas of implementation are the Windows, Linux operating system, and UNIX. Moreover, this language has high usability across platforms, be it for enterprise applications, graphics and games, and mathematical applications.
- This language comes with a rich library and a plethora of built-in functions. The way dynamic resource allocation becomes feasible with the language is simply commendable.
Some characteristics of C++ language:
If you are planning to build a career by taking up C-jobs, we suggest you should be already aware of the ins and outs of this fantastic language. However, we have listed below some brief points:
- This language is known for its portability and its importance in multi-platform application development.
- In this object-oriented programming language, you will find elements like inheritance, classes, data abstraction and encapsulation and polymorphism.
- Unlike C, C++ makes tasks like function overloading and exception handling possible, not to mention its rich function library.
- There is no doubt that C++ is a powerful, fast and efficient language. Its application is not just limited to GUI applications but also provides a basis for 3D game graphics and mathematical simulations applications.
- It comes as no surprise that more enterprises across the globe are relying on C and C++ for their business objectives.